Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions form our legally binding contract with you. Your attention is particularly drawn to our cancellation clause.
If you cancel a session you agree to pay a cancellation fee:
- 31 or more Working Days prior to the Doggy De-stress session – 0%.
- 30 – 25 clear Working Days prior to the Doggy De-stress session – 25% of the total cost of the session.
- 24 – 15 clear Working Days prior to the Doggy De-stress session – 50% of the total cost of the session.
- 14 – 7 clear Working Days prior to the Doggy De-stress session – 75% of the total cost of the session.
- Fewer than six (6) Working Days prior to the Doggy De-stress session – 100% of the total cost of the session.
If you cancel a session but re-schedule a new session to be delivered within three months from the day of cancellation, there will be no cancellation charge. The new date for the session must be agreed two clear Working Days after cancellation. If not, you will be charged the cancellation fee as above.
Doggy De-stress reserves the right to cancel a session at any time for the following reasons:
- Unavailability or illness of dog(s) – we will give the Client the option to proceed with a reduced number of dogs for the same agreed original date and cost, or re-schedule the session date at the earliest opportunity at no extra cost, or refund the session where the Client has pre-paid.
- Adverse or extreme weather conditions during which time we do not transport our dogs due to animal welfare reasons – we will give the Client the option to re-schedule the session date at the earliest opportunity at no extra cost, or refund the session where the Client has pre-paid.
- The Client fails to satisfy health & safety agreements or previously agreed room conditions as agreed in these Terms and Conditions. In this case, if the room is deemed unsuitable on arrival, the Client will still be charged the agreed cost of session.
- The room used for de-stressing should ideally be the size of a conference or meeting room suitable for up to 30 people.
- Open plan spaces, ‘break out’ areas or outdoor spaces are not suitable due to dog distraction and health and safety issues.
- The room must be completely enclosed to ensure that dogs cannot escape. The room should not be glass walled because this can lead to dog distraction. If it is, please ensure it is temporarily covered.
- Tables should be either removed, or blocked so that dogs cannot get under them.
- We recommend that any items that dogs may consider to be ‘toys’ to be removed from the room such as balls, cuddly toys or objects likely to be picked up by them.
The session and the dogs:
- All our dogs are covered by our third-party liability insurance protection. Copies of our certificate of public liability insurance will be provided to you on request.
- We will aim arrive a minimum of half an hour before the start of the session to set up and settle the dogs. Should we be delayed we will be happy to extend the timings of our visit.
- We reserve the right to stop the session at any time should the dogs begin to show any signs of stress or anxiety.
- People must enter the room at allocated time slots rather than on an ‘ad hoc’ or ‘drop in’ basis to keep disruption to a minimum.
- No more than eight to ten people will be allowed in the room with the dogs at any one time (not including Doggy De-stress staff) depending on the size of the room.
- Doggy De-stress will use basic cleaning equipment in the unusual event of any accidents. We will not be able to remove any dog hair from the room, and suggest a thorough clean of the room is arranged post visit.
- Doggy De-stress will provide hand sanitisers and wipes, along with a clothes brush to remove unwanted dog hair from clothing, but we recommend all attendees wash their hands after the session.
- Food of any kind must not be brought in to the room under any circumstances.
- The Doggy De-stress team will take photos & videos of the session for social media channels. If any attendees do not wish to be photographed they should let a member of staff know and we will respect their wishes.
- Attendees are permitted to take any photos or videos of the session that they wish.
- You agree to notify anyone who is allergic to dogs of the date, time and location of the session so that they are aware and can remain away from the area. Doggy De-stress therefore accepts no responsibility should any attendee show signs of, or suffer from an allergic reaction.
- All of our dogs are over 18 months old. These dogs are full size, and not puppies.
- To note: For the first half of the session the dogs will be excitable and energetic. For the last half of the session once they have got used to the room they will be much calmer and cuddly. We suggest notifying employees of this so that they can chose whether they want an energetic or calmer therapeutic experience.
- We require payment within 30 days of receipt of our invoice via BACS, or we can take credit card payments (including AMEX) on the day for an extra 2% fee. You also have the option to pay online with a credit card for an extra 5% fee. Please let us know your preference and forward a Purchase Order as soon as possible.
- If your premises is without parking we will charge the cost of a return taxi journey from our Waterloo base. This extra cost will appear on your invoice along with taxi receipts.
- If your premises is outside of London Zones 1-2 and you do have parking, we may charge mileage.
*Cancellation charges cover the following:
- Loss of business time for organising the session.
- Travel arrangements.
- Covering the costs of dog sitting fess that owners may incur.
- Potential loss of earnings should a new booking not be secured for that date.